CareConnect will transform the way we deliver care at UCLA Health System. As leaders, your role is key to ensuring a smooth, efficient transition to CareConnect.
Change is never easy, and research shows that employees want to hear from their managers and supervisors about what's happening, why it's happening, and how it will affect them. That's why we are asking you to share updates about CareConnect to your direct reports in staff meetings, huddles, informal huddles, informal conversations, via email, or however you reach them.
Here are just a few of the exciting changes you will see after CareConnect is implemented:
- Customized reports can be generated instantly in CareConnect. Users will be able to check off desired customizations for their reports and then push a single button to instantly generate the customized reports in CareConnect.
- You shouldn’t expect more than 6 unplanned minutes of downtime a year with CareConnect. According to Chief Technology Officer Michael Storlie, CareConnect will have “five nines” or 99.999% availability. Six minutes is how long you often have to wait for cView to load every day – before it errors out.
You'll find information and tools targeted to your needs in regular email Manager Updates, here on this page, and under the Tools & Resources section of our website.
- Training FAQs: Where will I go for training? Who will conduct my training? This one-page document contains the answers to these questions and more.
- Application Mapping: This mapping details when the computer systems that staff members currently use to do their jobs will cut over to CareConnect.
- FAQs: Questions asked frequently by faculty and staff members are answered on CareConnect's website. This handout covers the top-10 FAQs.
- Fact Sheet: This Fact Sheet presents CareConnect basics in just two pages.
- Key Messages: These five key messages address the benefits of CareConnect.
- CareConnect Overview PowerPoint Presentation: These slides provide an overview of the CareConnect program.
- Definitions: This short document defines such terms as "CPOE," "application," and "super user" that staff members may not be familiar with. An extended glossary of CareConnect terms is available on CareConnect's website.
Need additional resources or have questions or comments? Send us a message on our "Contact Us" page.